Publications - Public Diplomacy Division (PDD)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Publications - Public Diplomacy Division (PDD)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

2003

History

The NATO Information Service was established by Council resolution on May 18, 1950, in order “to promote and coordinate public information in furtherance of the objectives of the Treaty, while leaving responsibility for national programmes to each country.” The Information Service first operated from London to provide public relations services for NATO and the newly formed international staff. In 1957, the Information Service was put under the Political Affairs Division, where it remained until 1990, when it split off to become the Office of Information and Press. The Information Service was renamed and restructured as the Public Diplomacy Division (PDD) in March 31st, 2003.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

PUB

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes